When it comes to swimming pool waterproofing, you need to implement only the best solutions. This is because imperfect waterproofing can lead to significant damage to your swimming pool resulting in highly exorbitant repair bills. In many cases, water damage can be so severe that the whole pool needs to be replaced. Waterproof pool paints are being widely used by pool owners for all kinds of pools. However, not all pool paints provide efficient waterproofing. The ultimate waterproofing paint which provides perfect and long term protection against pool water is epotec epoxy pool paint. Epotec has been designed specifically for swimming pool waterproofing and is capable of water immersion for long periods of time.
Reasons for its high potency
- Epotec epoxy paint remains unaffected by chemicals such as chlorine added to pool water for purification since it is chemically inert. The coating is also not affected by body lotions, body fats, dirt, etc. Therefore, short of mechanical damage, there is no way in which the coating can disintegrate in the pool.
- Epotec paint forms a high build coating. There is no shrinkage of the coating which enables it to retain its original thickness. The reason for this characteristic is the zero solvent content of the paint. Since the solvent content is zero, there is no evaporation. What we get is a 100% solid coating.
Types of swimming pools covered
- Epotec coating can last for 7-14 years without the need for recoating. The life of the coating depends upon the thickness. More the thickness of the coating more is the life span. Thus, epotec guarantees water protection for year on end.
Epotec paint can be used for waterproofing both concrete and fiberglass swimming pools along with other varieties of swimming pools.
Epotec is a highly effective concrete swimming pool paint Sydney.
Waterproofing is crucial in a concrete swimming pool because pool water leaking through the inner walls can reach the steel reinforcements used in the pool resulting in damage. Epotec concrete swimming pool coating Sydney
protects the steel reinforcements against water by forming a strong barrier over the concrete surface. This barrier cannot be penetrated by pool water. Epotec also provides protection against hydrostatic pressure which develops when water is directly in contact with concrete.
Fiberglass strands making up the structure of a fiberglass swimming pool starts to rot when pool water starts reaching them. This can happen when the inner finish of the pool called gel coat is damaged or worn out. Epotec epoxy paint for fiberglass
can be used as a waterproof finish in such cases instead of gel coat. Upgrading of the gel coat with epotec can be done only after the completion of fiberglass pool repair.
Proper repairs to the gel coat such as elimination of algae growth and osmosis spots must be undertaken before resurfacing with epotec.
Wide range of colours
Epotec epoxy paint colours
come in a plethora of shades. Some of them are as follows.
- Blue( Sky blue, Dark blue, Mid blue and Royal blue)
- Grey( Whisper and Slate grey)
Epotec paint is a blend of superior waterproofing function, high durability and good aesthetics. Thus, it is the ideal paint for swimming pools.