Waterproof finishing for the inner walls of a swimming pool should be highly effective against water invasion, highly smooth, durable, easy to maintain and aesthetically appealing. All such qualities are present in Epotec epoxy pool paint. Epotec epoxy paint has been tailor-made for swimming pool water and is much superior than rendered finish, tiles and other kinds of waterproof finish for swimming pools. Epotec is not a general grade epoxy paint used for painting concrete floors, steel works, etc. General grade epoxy cannot paint disintegrates in water and cannot be used for waterproofing swimming pools. Only a pool grade epoxy paint can be immersed in water and epotec is one such pool grade epoxy paint.
Advantages of over other types of finishing
Epotec has several advantages over rendered and other kinds of waterproof finishing. Some of them have been listed here.
- Epotec is able to withstand all kinds of chemicals present in the pool water without reacting with them. It is also resistant against UV rays of the sun. This is not the case with other kinds of finishing.
- Epotec chemically attaches to the surface and there is no chance of the coating getting detached from the walls.
- Epotec does not stain due to rust, leaves, minerals or some other causes.
- Epotec does not crack easily and cannot be removed by cleaning agents.
- Epotec has a very smooth surface and is simple to clean using detergents and brooms or brushes.
- Epotec can be easily recoated.
- Epotec coating lasts for 7-14 years which makes it a long lasting and economical pool paint.
- Epotec epoxy paint colours are available in a number of shades.
- Epotec can be easily applied by the pool owners themselves by following a simple procedure. However, skilled professionals are also available for the job.
Water protection for concrete and fiberglass swimming pools
Epotec is an ultimate concrete swimming pool coating Sydney
for waterproofing. A concrete swimming pool has steel reinforcements in its shell. Water penetration of the surface of the concrete inner walls is prevented by the epotec coating. This is essential because pool water can cause concrete cancer or corrosion of the steel reinforcements which damages the shell of the swimming pool. Epotec concrete swimming pool coating Sydney
is resistant against both liquid and vapour thereby providing an impregnable shield for the concrete surface against pool water.
Epotec is also a waterproof epoxy paint for fiberglass
swimming pools. The fiberglass shell of a fiberglass swimming pool needs protection against water to prevent rotting of the fiberglass strands and the consequent collapse of the shell. The inner finish of the fiberglass swimming pool called gel coat fulfills the waterproofing function. However, damage to the gel coat due to algae growth, osmosis spots and other causes render it ineffective against water. In such cases, epotec coating can be applied after fiberglass pool repair
to replace the gel coat.
Fiberglass lined concrete swimming pools along with pebblecrete and marble sheen swimming pools can also be upgraded with epotec.
Pool waterproofing paints are being widely preferred by people. Epotec is a much better choice than other kinds of paints such as chlorinated rubber pool paints.